Dr Bronner's all natural, fair trade and organic soaps are infamous in the USA and the brand is rapidly growing in the UK :) The 18-in-1 soaps come in liquid and bar form. It is incredible value for money, just £4.99 for a 236ml bottle of soap that has seemingly unlimited uses!
With celeb fans including Drew Barrymore, Eminem and Bobbi Brown - this soap isn't one to be ignored! Bobbi Brown herself championed Dr Bronner's on the opera show, saying "It's probably the finest soap in the Universe, I'm obsessed with it. I cannot get enough of it!"
I was sent a full sized 236ml bottle of the Almond liquid soap, and a sample sized bar (28g) of the Peppermint soap! These photos were taken when I first received the products, I've used a fair bit of it now!
Price and Availability:
Dr Bronners Soaps are available across the UK at Liberty, selected Waitrose stores, and most leading health stores. Prices are as follows
- 8fl oz full sized bottle of liqud soap - £4.99
- 2fl oz travel sized bottle of liquid soap - £1.69
- Solid bar - £3.50
Shave, Shampoo, Dental (to clean your teeth!!), Soap Bath, Deoderant, to clean dentures, breath freshener and mouth wash, dilute to use as a body rob, udeal for babies and the beach, washing school uniforms, foot soak, douche (ahem), great for a hot-towel massage, washing pets, washing clothes and dishes, tingly peppermint soap can keep the body cool, can be used to wash food (fruit and vegatables), pest spray, kitchen and bathroom cleaner and many, many more!
I have been using these for literally everything! Here are some of my thoughts:
- Shampoo - this leaves my hair soft, tangle free, and smelling absolutely INCREDIBLE. The almond scent is strong but not overpowering and it subtly lingers in my hair for a couple o days.
- To brush my teeth - I've got to say, I had to really psyche myself up to doing this. Soap? IN MY MOUTH? Well I did it, and I loved it! There was no foul taste, no soapy tongue and no gagging/sick. The soap was gentle yet effective and really gentle it left my teeth feeling cleaner than ever and I also used it diluted as a mouthwash with equally fantastic results.
- Clothes washing - this left my clothes clean, brilliantly white and smelling faintly sweet/almondy! Again I felt a bit weird about using it but it really worked with no awful accidents or disasters and it was nice to smell something other than 'detergent scent' on my clothes.
- Washing my hands and body - I've used the liquid soap as a shower gel and the bar soap to wash my hands. Both are amazing, they leave my skin clean, soft, and fragrant and I haven't had any skin irritation or anything undesirable.
Like Bobbi Brown I have quickly become absolutely obsessed with these soaps! For some reason having one product that will do everything is really lovely, I surprised myself enjoying it so much because I normally like to use as many different products as I can!
One very cute note about the labels on the bottles and bars; Dr Bronner's family died in the holocaust. After this tragedy he embarked on a mission to spread th emessage of world peace. He used to give away his soaps during talks but quickly realised people were just taking the soaps and not listening to him (some things never change eh?) so he wrote his philosophy on the bottle in tiny writing, these eccentric labels are still used today :)
The soaps are available in the following varieties:
- Peppermint - tingly!
- Lavender - relaxing
- Eucalyptus - soothing
- Citurs - invigorating
- Almond - sweet and aromatic
- Rose - flloral (obviously!)
- Baby Mild (sensitive and extra gentle) and
- Tea Tree - this can be used to treat minor cuts!