As you're all aware, i currently have a full head of sewn in hair extensions, they've been in for about two weeks now and i'm having a few issues with them:
1. they're making my head itch
2. they're coming loose (its completely normal for european hair to start to slip/loosen very quickly cause the hair is smoother)
I'm in a bit of a pickle really, im going to let my weave 'drop out' (a combination of the hair growing and the tracks loosening will basically mean it will get to a point where it has to come out cause the hair doesn't blend anymore) and ive decided i want extensions back for good!!
Glue or clip-ins?
WOAH! HANG ON A MINUTE!! CLIP-INS?
but didnt you slag clip-ins off in a blog AND in a video?
yes. yes i did. let me explain myself:
I have NEVER ever seen anyone with clip-in extensions that actually look good in real life. They always look thin/patchy/are a bad colour match/you can see the clips/they fall out etc... I could put up pics of girls i know with awful ones but that would be mean!! So instead i went to google:
^I'm aware that some of these pictures might not be of clip-in extensions but they're just meant to portray what im scared of!!!!
I was trained by a hairdresser friend when i was about 16 and taught how to glue extensions in, this led to me glueing them in for 2 years, i only took them out when i went to uni as i wasnt sure what my bathroom would be like and whether i would be able to maintain them and do everything i needed to!!
Heres a few pictures of me with them glued in!
Brown hair!! I was about 17 here i think...
My biggest issue is my budget, in an ideal world a set of amazing extensions would just magically appear in my hands right now as i typed this blog! I'm not delusional, i know that wont happen! After having spent over £100 on my hair at the moment, i can't afford to spend another £70-80 on clip in extensions! This leave me with the option of glue, as you can see above, glue in extensions can look really good when they are done properly! So basically i can't really afford clip-ins right now but im considering them, and i can afford glue and glue them in myself (with a bit of Verity's help) so im considering glue as well!!
Here are the pro's and con's ive managed to think of for each technique:
- cheap! a bottle of glue will cost me about £5 and ive already got the hair
- 'permanent' i wont have to faff around taking them out and putting them in
- they wont randomly fall out
- you wont be able to see them in my hair
- i know how to look after them and 'what im doing' and can maintain them easily myself
- can be very damaging for the hair if the glue is not removed properly (this shouldnt be a huge problem for me cause i know how to take them out)
- you cant condition your hair at the roots/top because it breaks down the bond (i.e. it dissolves the glue and makes all of the extensions fall out
- can only wash every 3-4 days or they start to fall out
- no damage to my hair!
- i can wash and condition my hair as much as i want
- versatile, if i dont want to wear them i dont have to
- the hair lasts longer as it doesn't need washing etc as often
- the time it takes to put them in in the morning!
- the clips might be visible through my hair
- they might fall out!!
- the colour match might not be right
- taking them out and putting them in might become tedious!
What do you guys think? Do you know of any absolutely life changing clip-in extensions? (they're gonna have to be really good to get me over my fears and change my opinions!) Have you had any really good or really bad experiences with clip ins?
Help me!! thank you! haha :)